Our team of expert reverse engineering technicians can create fully parametric CAD files – solid models
from 3D laser scanned data points and export them into mainstream 3D CAD packages that support part re-engineering, feature-based NC toolpath generations, and technical data package preparation.
A ‘Parametric Model’ is based on the design intent of the scanned object and consist of two key elements: a feature tree, and fully parameterized sketches.
- Ideal data converted from scan data
- Can ignore or incorporate manufacturing defects
- Parametric solid model
- Modify model parametrically
- Can be Class A surfaced
When to use
- Modifications to the file are going to be made
- 2D drawings are needed
- Surface finish must be smooth (for manufacturing)
- Buildings parts on or around scanned part